Now Hiring: Gleaning Coordinator
TITLE: Gleaning Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Community Cupboard Program Manager
The Gleaning Coordinator is a full-time seasonal (May-October) role responsible for managing Upper Valley MEND’s fresh produce projects, which work to reduce food waste and bring more produce into the Community Cupboard food bank, as well as to food banks throughout Chelan and Douglas counties in the case of gleaning. This position primarily involves building relationships with gleaning partners, managing volunteers during gleans, and coordinating the logistics of transportation, storage, and distribution of produce donations.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Schedule harvest events and coordinate volunteers for gleans during harvest season.
- Host gleans, including leading volunteers and transporting gleaned crop to donation or storage sites.
- Keep accurate records of seasonal activities, utilizing the Salesforce database program.
- Assist Community Cupboard program manager in managing Farm-to-Food Pantry purchasing contracts with local farms.
Outreach and communication
- Update and maintain Community Harvest flyers, Facebook page, email newsletters, and website.
- Set up outreach tabling every Thursday at the Leavenworth farmers markets and other local events as appropriate.
- Schedule and give presentations to local clubs and groups.
- Supervise AmeriCorps Summer VISTA Associate.
- General interest in the non-profit and social service field.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, including leading and supervising volunteers.
- Flexible schedule, this position includes some evening and weekend work.
- Comfortable work in a variety of settings including indoors in an office, outdoors in a variety of conditions, and in a fast-paced food bank/thrift store.
- Competence using Microsoft Office programs, web-based databases and social media sites.
- Spanish-speaking ability a plus.
- Agricultural experience a plus.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs (with or without assistance).
- This position includes extended periods of standing, walking on uneven surfaces, bending, climbing ladders, lifting boxes, and picking fruit and vegetable crops, candidates must be physically capable of these activities.
- Clean driving record and comfortable driving a cargo van.
Pay is $15.50 per hour. This seasonal position is not eligible for benefits. Please email resume and cover letter to Bob@uvmend.org(link sends e-mail).