Upper Valley Free Clinic - Then and Now
The Upper Valley Free Clinic (UVFC) began in 2000, when Faith Lutheran Church members Karen Strom and Dr. Karl Kranz wished to support the medical needs of migrant workers in the Upper Wenatchee Valley. The clinic thrived and continues to provide consultation and referral service for Upper Valley neighbors who are unable to afford urgent medical or dental care.
Now, the free clinic continues to support uninsured and underinsured community members who need medical or dental services. In partnership with Cascade Medical Center, the Upper Valley Free Clinic is able to serve hundreds of people each year.
Many partners, volunteers and financial donors contribute to the clinic.
- Financial Contributors include The Kahler Glen Women's Division "Swing for Smiles Tournament," Leavenworth Rotary Club, Faith Lutheran Church, Thrivent Financial, United Methodist Church and numerous individual donors.
- Cascade Medical Center in Leavenworth provides many of the volunteer care providers, free use of its facilities and medical supplies, as well as discounted specialty services.
- Mt. Stuart Physical Therapy and Cascade Medical Center provide free or discounted physical therapy.
- The clinic is run entirely by volunteer doctors, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, nurses, dentists, dental assistants, receptionists and referral specialists.
Doctors, dentists, nurses and other providers volunteer their services to coordinate the clinic.
- Terri Weiss RN is the UVFC program manager.
- Dr. Karl Kranz is the UVFC medical advisor and Cascade Medical Center medical director. He provides direct patient service and medical oversight for the free clinic.
- Theresa D'Litzenberger coordinates receptionists and information technology. She is also a past president of the Upper Valley MEND board of directors.
- Julie Smith RN coordinates the nurses and provides direct patient service.
- Stuart Emig provides referral services.
- Kristen Mershon is the Cascade Medical Center clinic director and also coordinates UVFC care provider schedules and serves as the UVFC liaison to Cascade Medical Center.
Together, with the administrative support & board oversight of UV MEND, we are transorming lives, through actions grounded in faith, hope, & love.
Please direct any questions regarding the Upper Valley Free Clinic to Terri Weiss at 509-548-0408 or Terri@uvmend.org