How do I qualify?

How do I qualify?

The following questions will guide you in determining whether you qualify or not for SHARE Community Land Trust home ownership opportunities.

  1. Do I make 80% or less of the Area Median Income (AMI)?
    If you make more, adjusted for household size, you may not qualify. Be sure to combine the incomes of all earners in the household. See the chart below to determine if you and your family meet this income qualification.
  2. Have I lived in the Cascade School District for at least 1 year in my life?
    We show a strong preference for people who have lived in the Cascade School District for at least one year at any point in their life. The Cascade School District covers the Upper Wenatchee Valley, from Dryden up to Stevens Pass, and from Plain out to Blewett Pass, as well as the city of Leavenworth.
  3. Do I have any assets (cash, trusts, retirement acounts, stocks, bonds, etc.) in excess of $15,000?
    This helps ensure that low income does not mask substantial assets that may have come through some type of transaction or windfall.
  4. Will the Community Land Trust (CLT) home be my only home?
    We require that the Community Land Trust Home be your only home at the start of the purchasing process and during your ownership.


2017 Chelan County Area Median Income

Household Size

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
80% of AMI Yearly $35,200 $40,200 $45,250 $50,250 $54,300 $58,300 $62,350 $66,350
80% of AMI Monthly $2,933 $3,350 $3,770 $4,187 $4,525 $4,858 $5,195 $5,529


© 2016 All rights reserved. Upper Valley MEND is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible. Privacy Policy