By volunteering with Upper Valley MEND you will play a direct part in addressing some of the most important needs in the Upper Wenatchee Valley, and leave a lasting impact in your community. You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet a diverse range of people with similar values
- Discover a new skill or develop a new talent
- Explore career and personal interests
- Have fun!
Volunteer with the Community Cupboard:
- Sort donations and assist staff with operations.
- Make "bread runs" on a scheduled basis, picking up donations from local bakeries and groceries.
- Help stock our food shelves and prepare food boxes for our clients
- Help out during Thanksgiving and Christmas when we put together gift baskets, with all the holiday fixins & more!
- Put on a food drive or help raise money to support the Cupboard and its services!
Contact: Bob Mark 548-0408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
** The Community Cupboard is always in need of quality donations of clothing, household items, and non-expired food items (you can check our Needed Items page for more information)
Volunteer with SHARE Community Land Trust:
- Serve on an Advisory Committee to help support the SHARE neighborhoods.
- Provide homebuyer education to new and prospective SHARE homeowners.
- Serve on a planning committee for Meadowlark, the next SHARE development and help to create a unique and vital neighborhood for the community.
Contact: Oliver Crain 548-0408 or Oliver@uvmend.org
Volunteer with Cornerstone Community:
- Support Cornerstone residents through offering enrichment activities (events, activities, etc.)
- Provide job opportunities for residents to enable them to learn new skills and use their existing skills.
- Help maintain the landscaping efforts on the Cornerstone property.
Contact: Carl Florea 888-3311 or email@example.com
Volunteer with Jubilee Global Gifts:
- Volunteers can be trained to work in the store, supporting all aspects of store operations.
- Of course, an important way to support Jubilee is to shop there! You'll be supporting the artisans in developing countries who created the crafts, the programs and services of Upper Valley MEND, and the person for whom the gift was purchased!
Contact: Mary Rossing 548-3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with the Upper Valley Free Clinic:
- The Clinic is always seeking nurses, medical assistants and medical providers (either currently working or retired) to assist with their services.
- Act as an interpreter for Spanish-speaking patients.
Contact: Terri Weiss at Terri@uvmend.org
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!